READINGS & PUBLICATIONS
Litquake Lit Crawl (Oct. 2017)
Literary Speakeasy (Sept. 2017)
Bay Area Generations (June 2017)
Winter Lights (Feb. 2017)
Get Lit (numerous times, 2017)
At the Inkwell (Dec. 2016)
Quiet Lightning (Jan. & May, 2011)
Quiet Lightning (2012-Present)
Board member, Director of public relations
MARKETING AND JOURNALISM
- Developing campaigns from concept through execution for U.S. Bank and other Fortune 500 companies.
- Copywriting for websites, email campaigns, in-branch advertising, social media, and more.
Freelance writer, editor, content marketer, and social strategist
Clients have included:
- Landor Associates (international branding firm): Copy and headlines for well-known tech client. Also worked with corporate marketing team to write and edit case studies. Assisted 2015 landor.com re-launch.
- Countable (political tech start-up): Social media strategy and marketing. Daily posts, insights. Creation and management of long-term, user-generated content campaign with an ownable hashtag; stats show significant increase in engagement and traffic.
- LiveWorld (social media moderation & marketing company): Developed, wrote, and edited articles and whitepapers for a large firm whose clients include Fortune 100 companies.
- Health food start-up (confidential): Mission statement, marketing content, social profiles.
- Music licensing start-up (confidential): Positioning and web copy.
Landor Associates (a WPP company)
Digital content manager
- Winner of 2008 WPP Atticus Award in Under-30 Essay category
- Responsible for landor.com content including corporate blog, case studies, articles, landing pages
- Editorial lead on 2011 landor.com re-launch (award-winning site)
- Wrote feature and front-of-book articles about international cultural and environmental topics (picked up by Huffington Post)
- Wrote marketing copy for new consumer shopping site
Reed alumni magazine
- Wrote and edited copy
- Conducted interviews and reported about on- and off-campus events
Freelance writer/editorial intern (music section)
- Reviews, previews, and profiles of local and touring acts for print and web
- Reviewed local dive bars
WPP Atticus Awards winner (2008)
- Winning Under-30 Essay published in Atticus journal and on Warc.com, a subscription-based site (the annual awards honor original thinking in communications services)
Member of Landor.com website team
- Web Awards, Best Consulting Website (2012)
- W3 Awards, Silver (2012)
BA, English and creative writing
- Senior thesis: Collection of short fiction, “In This House Where We Were Both Outsiders”
- DJ for Reed College Radio (KRRC 97.9 FM)